Shanti Wellness Centre and practitioners/therapists will implement the following protocols when working and treating clients:
- We will not treat clients who are ill, who have travelled within the last 14 days, or who have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- We will leave more time between clients (15 minutes) to allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting.
- Clients should arrive no more than five minutes before their scheduled appointment time to avoid congestion in waiting areas. We will let clients know this when they book their treatment.
- Clients will sign a COVID-19 Waiver form before each treatment.
- Waiting area will be set up to allow for physical distancing. This includes only two chairs 2 metres apart and a plexi-glass barrier at the reception desk.
- Signs will be posted to remind people of physical-distancing rules.
- Clients coming in to the centre will sanitize their hands with alcohol hand sanitizer before touching any products or going into a treatment room.
- Only one client will be allowed at the reception desk at a time.
- All therapists will wear a mask and eye protection when treating clients. See more under PPE
- All items that cannot be easily cleaned, such as magazines, have been removed from the reception area.
- The water cooler will no longer be accessible for self-serve.
- High touch surfaces and equipment will be disinfected after contact, even when they are not visibly soiled. This includes reception desk, telephones, PIN pads, tablets, computers, pens, shelves, door handles, light switches, treatment tools and equipment, exercise equipment, etc.
- Any shared facility such as washrooms and laundry room will be disinfected
- Therapists will not share product bottles, the bottles should be cleaned and
disinfected between use.
- All linens will be laundered on the highest temperature setting possible.
Screening for Symptoms
Our Receptionist will ask the following questions before your appointment:
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms, even mildly?
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Does your job require you to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
Clients will sign a waiver form.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Our therapists will wear procedural/surgical masks and eye protection during your treatment. Masks and eye protection will be changed or sanitized between each client.
- Clients and therapists will complete hand hygiene before entering a treatment room.
- Clients will also need to wear a face mask during treatment, especially when laying face up.
- Clients are expected to bring their own mask during treatment.
- Therapists may consider wearing aprons to protect clothes from contamination when providing treatments.
Our staff and therapists are responsible for screening themselves and will not work on clients if they have any symptoms.
- Click Here for all COVID-19 information related to Alberta
- Learn more about improving mental health during Covid
- Find resources for Substance Abuse Treatment During Coronavirus