Breakfast is known to be the most important meal of the day; and eggs are considered to be one of its main components. What exactly makes eggs such an important part of our daily food intake and how do they benefit our health and everyday life?
Poultry eggs, especially chicken eggs are the most commonly consumed type of eggs. Eggs have been a diet staple for a very long time; they are affordable, easy to cook and readily within reach most of the time all while being filled with nutrients.
Eggs are known to provide us with a lot of nutrients; but let’s check out the most notable ones and how they help your body.
Eggs are High in Good Cholesterol
- Sometimes seeing the word “cholesterol” can be scary- but unbeknownst to most people, there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Good cholesterol has many benefits to the body, and it is good to know that eggs are a food that contain high amounts of good cholesterol.
Eggs contain a relatively unknown but very important nutrient
- The nutrient Choline might not be familiar to many people but it is very beneficial to your body. Choline helps build cell membranes and also helps in producing molecules that signal various functions of your brain.
Helps keep your muscles strong
- Eggs contain protein that helps your muscles work every day. Protein is considered to be the main building blocks of the body and also helps in slowing down muscle loss from age and lack of exercise. Eggs also contain an essential amino acid that helps your body make use of and metabolize the protein you consume.
May help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Many low-carb diets include eggs in their meals. Studies have shown that those who eat eggs while in a low carb diet have lower risk for heart disease.
Helps you maintain a healthy immune system
- Eggs contain vitamins A and B-12 and the nutrient selenium that helps in keeping the immune system healthy.
Helps you eat less
- Looking for food that can be filling but won’t break the bank? Eating eggs can help you feel fuller. The protein in eggs fills you up and can make you feel full longer. Make sure to also include sides like a slice of bread complete with a few vegetables and seasonings for a more enjoyable eating experience.
Energizes you for the day
- Ever wondered why eggs are a staple to breakfast meals? It’s because they contain the necessary vitamins and minerals to produce energy in your body to function efficiently and optimally throughout the day.
Can help improve eyesight
- Eggs have the nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin that can help prevent age-related blindness. Those antioxidants also protect your eyes from harmful sunlight.
Sharpens brain performance
- Vitamin Dis hard to get from food but luckily, eggs can provide this very targeted nutrient that can help brain development by allowing the neurons inside it communicate.
Light on the wallet
- Eggs are known to be one of the most accessible food in the market. Besides being filling and healthy, eggs can be one’s go-to food whenever a sudden attack of hunger strikes.
Here are a few ways to cook an egg that could be to your liking. Do you want it to be as healthy as possible or do you want it partnered with something else?